Real Time Satellite Tracking

Available Tracking Maps:
Last Known Position  •  Today's Progress  •  Trip Progress

Trip Progress

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Welcome to Dave's 2010 Scooter Cannonball Run Blog

I am going to try and maintain a blog for the 2010 Cannonball (similar to 2008)!  The scooter ships Monday August 30th from Allentown on ForwardAir.  My preparations are *almost* done - clothing & riding gear remain.  I leave labor day weekend for Seattle, via Washington DC - I am overnighting at my brother's place in DC before flying to Seattle on Labor Day evening.  The Cannonball starts Thursday, September 9th in Vancouver.

I think I have all the bugs worked out of the 'Real Time GPS Tracking' system for this year!  It should auto update as the trip progresses.  Also going to try out 'Twitter' for the trip for micro updates.

2010 Overnight Locations:
  • Vancouver, BC
  • Grand Forks, BC
  • West Glacier, MT
  • Harlowton, MT
  • Bowman, ND
  • Ortonville, MN
  • Ironton, MI
  • Sault Ste. Marie, ON
  • North Bay, ON
  • Lake Placid, NY
  • Portland, ME

There appear to be 25-30 riders participating this year, a few "veterans" and a lot of "rookies."

More updates/photos to come when I ship & the trip starts.


No comments: