Real Time Satellite Tracking

Available Tracking Maps:
Last Known Position  •  Today's Progress  •  Trip Progress

Trip Progress

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 6 - Brrrrr, Cold.

I fell asleep last night trying to update this. Yesterday was a cold, wet, damp day, it felt really long and never ending. Minnesota was not too bad to ride across. Lots of logging trucks to pass.











Had a "technical" malfunction with the scooter. On the second leg my coolant temp gauge started flashing. Pulled over, coolant levels perfect, let it idle, fan kicks on. Posted my issue on the form (modern vespa) - Jess sent me a text message with the fix - loose sensor cap. Fixed.

Check engine light still comes on, but only when I am riding slow or slow down from riding "fast".











We had an un-timed stop in Duluth yesterday (i.e., get to the checkpoint, clock in, do whatever, then clock out when done). It is the only one on the trip, a lot of guys used it for maintenance at the local shops. Brian and I did some shopping at the Aerostich world headquarters. I bought a seat bag, which, I was thinking about doing before I left but ran out of time. It fits nicely on my seat. I've been using a rigged up system with my under-seat bag. I did not plan on putting anything on the seat (why I didn't bring one) - but my early on maintenance problems have filled up my under-seat storage with oil, tools, etc.

Today is a 370 day to Sault Ste. Marie, we cross the upper peninsula of michigan.


Day 6 - Ortonville to Ironton, MI Photos




No comments: